AQUOS BOARD® Solutions
The following is a list of solutions to frequently asked questions and applies to the majority of Sharp's AQUOS BOARD collaboration display.
Can't find the answer you are looking for? Select your model from the list on the right.
Visit the Star Program Directory page and browse the listings of third-party products and services that complement Sharp’s award-winning professional display products
View Star Directory
Check the following:
- Is the Power Cord disconnected?
- Is the Main Power switch off?
- Make sure the correct Input is selected from display or from the remote.
- If external equipment or controllers are connected, make sure the equipment is operating.
Check the following:
- Is the sound muted?
- Make certain that the volume is not set to minimum.
- Are the audio cables properly connected?
- Is the setting of AUDIO OUTPUT in the OTHERS menu set correctly? Refer to the Operation Manual for the available settings.
- Is the setting of SPEAKER SELECT of the AUDIO OPTION on the SETUP menu correct?
Check the following:
- Are the batteries installed correctly?
- Are the batteries drained?
- Is the Remote Control pointed towards the monitor's remote control sensor?
- Is the remote control operation in the FUNCTION menu enabled?
Are the Audio cables properly connected?
Make certain that audio cables for external speakers are properly connected; the left and right cables may be reversed or one cable may not be connected.
Check the BALANCE setting in the AUDIO menu.
- The signal may be incompatible.
- Try the automatic screen adjustment when a PC is used as the input.
- Try the automatic screen adjustment when D-SUB1 (RGB) or D-SUB2 are used.
- If the top and the bottom of the image are not horizontally aligned, set TOUCH PANEL MODE on the monitor to OFF.
- Is the HDMI cable HDMI standard compliant? The monitor will not work with cables that are not standard compliant.
- Is the input signal compatible with this monitor? Refer to the Operation Manual for the correct setting.
- Is the setting for HDMI1/HDMI2/HDMI3 of INPUT SETUP on the SETUP menu correct?
- Is the input signal compatible with this monitor?
- Is the setting for D-SUB1 of INPUT SELECT on the SETUP menu correct?
- Load noises from outside may be interfering with normal operation.
- Turn off the power and turn it on after waiting at least 5 seconds, and then check the operation.
- Turn on the monitor first before turning on the computer or playback device.
- If you turn the power switch off and then back on again to connect te computer to a graphics card, the resolution may change to 640x480.
- The resolution changes back to 1920x1080 according to the following steps:
- Disconnect and then reconnect the video cable.
- Press the DETECT button when SCREEN RESOLUTION is displayed.
- Reboot the computer. (For Windows)
- Is the USB cable connected properly? (Refer to Operation Manual for connection)
- If you want to position the monitor further than the USB cable will allow, extend the cable using a repeater.
- Has the Touch Panel Settings Tool been installed?
- Has the tip of the Touch Pen become worn?
- When using an Active Pen, has the Touch Pen Utility been installed?
- When using an Active Pen, is the battery inserted correctly?
- When using an Active Pen, have the batteries been depleted?
- Are you using the supplied touch pen or the optional PN-ZL03 capacitive touch pen (for PN-L803C)?
- "CAPACITIVE" is indicated on the side of the optional PN-ZL03 touch pen. (for PN-L803C)
- If your finger is too dry, the screen may not respond. (PN-L803C)
- Do not touch the screen when the monitor is turned on; this may lead to a malfunction. Turn the monitor off and then back on. (PN-L803C)
- VIDEO | How to Troubleshoot Touch Functionality Issues on the AQUOS BOARD® Collaboration Display
Is the screen exposed to direc sunlight or other strong light? The touch panel uses infrared technology and thus may not respond properly.
Is there an obstacle between the infrared transmitter/receiver and the touch pen or your finger? If your fingers or sleeve are too close to the screen, correct operation may not be possible.
- Is the infrared transmitter/receiver dirty? Gently clean any dirt with a soft cloth.
- If the touch panel is touched with a small tip less than about 5/16th of an inch x 5/16th of an inch, the touch may not be detected by the infrared sensors and correct operation will not take place.
- When starting your computer or connecting the USB cable, do not touch the touch panel. If you touch the touch panel at this time, it may be detected as an element failure by the infrared transmitter/reciver and incorrect operation may result.
- When 2 touch pens are used it may not be possible to write correctly:
- When touch pens are moved too near each other
- When a pen is held at an angle when writing
The Hardware has a problem. Turn off the monitor and request a repair from your authorized Sharp dealer.
The temperature inside the monitor is high. Remove the cause of the excessive temperature rise.
To prevent high temperature-related problems, "TEMPERATURE" is displayed on the screen when the internal temperature of the screen rises excessively.
If the internal temperature rises further, the monitor automatically enters Standby mode. (The POWER LED flashes Green).
Remove the cause of the excessive temperature rise.
- If the monitor enters Standby mode due to a rise in temperature, to return to Normal display, turn the power switch Off and then On again. However, the monitor will enter Standby mode again if the cause of the temperature rise is not removed.
- Check whether the monitor is placed in a location where a quick rise in temperature is likely. Internal temperature rises if the monitor vents are blocked.
- Internal temperature rises quickly if dust accumulates inside of the monitor or around the vents. Remove the dust if possible or ask your authorized SHARP dealer about removing the dust.
You may occasionally hear a crackling sound from the monitor. This happens when the monitor expands or contracts slightly according to change in temperature. This does not affext the monitor's performance.
If you still need assistance with your Sharp AQUOS BOARD collaboration display please contact 1-800-BE-SHARP.