How It Works
Unlock MFP (Optional)
This section is only applicable if:
- Your company has locked Sharp MFPs with PaperCut MF or MFP Native Authentication.
- You or your Admin have registered your ID card number with PaperCut or Native Authentication to unlock the MFPs.
- Your ID card number has been saved on Synappx Go mobile (either by you or Admin entry).
Under those conditions, a new Unlock button is shown on the Synappx Go mobile home page. To unlock the locked MFP to use Synappx Go mobile features:
- Place the mobile in proximity to the RF IDEAS BLE reader and press Unlock. [View Image]
- The mobile automatically transfers your card ID number through the reader to PaperCut or the MFP (local database, AD, LDAP) to validate your identity and confirm the card has a valid ID.
- The mobile screens show the status of the confirmation process. Once the card ID is validated by PaperCut or the native MFP database, the MFP is unlocked and the MFP home page is displayed. You can now use the Synappx Go features:
- Tap the NFC tag first and then select Scan, Print Release, Print Cloud Files or Copy to perform the job OR
- Select the Synappx Go MFP feature of interest and then tap the NFC after selection.
Note: Ensure the MFP home screen is showing before tapping the NFC tag. [View Image]
- When finished with MFP remote actions, log out from the front panel or the front panel will time out based on MFP settings.
- Depending on your company's policy and MFP access configuration, some Synappx Go features may be blocked from use.
- If the Synappx job you select is not completed, check the MFP front panel to see if an error is presented.
- If an incorrect ID card number is passed to the card reader, the app may incorrectly state that the MFP is successfully unlocked while the MFP won't be unlocked with an invalid number.