Sharp MFPs running OSA® 4.0 or greater and supporting TLS 1.2 can be used with Synappx Go tags for scan, print release, and print cloud files 1. Later models have built-in NFC tags that can be used. However, MFP NFC configuration may be required if not already set up.
Bold model numbers have OSA 5.5, can support the Synappx Go copy feature, and optional integration with the rf IDEAS reader for PaperCut MF and Native Authentication use. The rf IDEAS integration requires the installation of the Synappx Go 1.0.0.emo file in the MFP on the models below.
- MX-2651 1, 3
- MX-3051 1, 3
- MX-3551 1, 3
- MX-4051 1, 3
- MX-5051 1, 3
- MX-6051 1, 3
- MX-3050V 1
- MX-3550V 1
- MX-4050V 1
- MX-5050V 1
- MX-6050V 1
- MX-M2630 1
- MX-M2651 1, 3
- MX-M3050 1
- MX-M3051 1, 3
- MX-M3550 1
- MX-M3551 1,3
- MX-M4050 1
- MX-M4051 1 3
- MX-M5050 1
- MX-M5051 1, 3
- MX-M6050 1
- MX-M6051 1, 3
- MX-M654N 2
- MX-M754N 2
1 MX-PK13L Adobe® PostScript®3™Expansion Kit and MX-PU10L Direct Print Expansion Kit are required for printing cloud files.
2 Special firmware needed to enable TLS 1.2 support
3 These models support the Synappx Go copy feature and optional rf IDEAS card reader integration (e.g. for PaperCut MF or Native Authentication) but require that the MX-AMX2L Application Communications Module (ACM) option be installed.
- MX-B557F 1
- MX-C303W 2
- MX-C357F 1
- MX-C407F 1
- MX-C507F 1
1 For document scan and copy:
- Hard Disk Drive is recommended (standard on MX-B557F and MX-C507F) and required to create searchable PDF scans from Synappx Go.
- Hard Disk Drive is required to support the job accounting log for native authentication.
- Install the Synappx Go MFP app:
For rf IDEAS reader native authentication integration with Synappx Go, install two addition apps (keyboardreader-2.4.11.fls and cardAuth_2012a.fls).
- Sharp UD 3 is a recommended driver for print release.
2 These models support the Synappx Go copy feature and optional rf IDEAS integration with PaperCut MF or Native Authentication but require that the MX-AMX2L Application Communications Module (ACM) option be installed.
If you elect to use the embedded MFP NFC tags, modify the following MFP web page settings:
- Under Network Connections › Easy Connections Setting, Enable NFC tag
- Under Network Settings › Quick Settings › Wireless Settings, set Connection Type to either “Wireless (Infrastructure Mode” or “Wired + Wireless (Access Point Mode)”
- There are no MFP web page network setting changes for external NFC tags.
No MFP web page setting changes are needed if using the external NFC tags.
For information on early model compatibility, contact your Sharp reseller or Sharp representative.
Configure MFP Web Page for Copy
To use Synappx Go for copying on a supported MFP, check the following MFP web page settings.
- Go to System Settings > Sharp OSA Settings > Condition Settings on the MFP web page.
- The following items must be checked.
- Accept remote access request from application.
- Accept UI operation request from application.
- All other items on the Condition Settings page must be unchecked.
- Approve remote access request on operation panel.
- Display dialog of connection in Sharp OSA mode.
- Accept secondary send request from Sharp OSA application.
Any interactive white board or display with a Shuttle® PC or another PC system running Microsoft® Windows 10 or greater or Windows Server 2016 or 2019 can be used with Synappx Go display agent. SOC (System on Chip) models without a Shuttle PC are not supported at this time.