Administrators manage key components such as workspaces, users, devices, and licenses. They can also add and remove other administrators with full or limited functions (support admin). Additional admins do not require Azure or Google Workspace™ administrator privileges. However, they need to be a member of the organization's Microsoft® 365 or Google Workspace environment. For Google Workspace environments, admin users must be added to a custom Synappx role to have full access to all admin settings. See Setings for Google Workspace™ for details.
See the list of supported features for full and support administrators.
Full additional administrators can perform all functions on the Admin Portal after the primary admin accepts the initial permissions. Admins may have Synappx Go admin privileges only or be both an admin and licensed user.
Note: Google Workspace administrators without admin privileges on the Google Workspace Admin Console cannot refresh the domain list on the Admin Portal or add Synappx Go users with the group function. All other admin privileges are accessible to Synappx admins for Google Workspace.
Go to Admin Settings on the Admin Portal. On the Admin Users page, select the plus icon (+).
- Type a few characters of the admin's name in the Admin Name field. Names from your organization will appear. Select names from the list and select Save.
- Under Role, select Admin for full administrative rights or Support Admin for limited capabilities. Admin is the default. See Administrator Management for more information. The role can be edited later by selecting the admin name.
- Select Save. The new administrator will appear on the Admin Users list.
Administrators can set preferences to receive notification emails or mobile push notifications. Admins set their own email notifications; individual selections will not impact other admins. The default is no notifications.
There are three notification email options.
- Agent Service Action Required: Notifies admin of agent error that requires action
- Agent Successfully Updated: Notifies admin when agent update is successful
- Agent Available for Update: Notifies admin of available agent update
To set email notifications:
- Individual admins log in to the Admin Portal.
- Select Notification Preferences in the Admin Settings tab.
- Check the box(es) to enable notifications.
Use the Synappx Go Mobile App to set up mobile notifications. Selected notifications are shown on the Notifications page but cannot be edited.
To set mobile notifications:
- Open the Synappx Go app.
- Open the menu.
- Select Settings › Mobile Notifications
- Tap the toggle to enable mobile notifications. A teal toggle enables notifications.
The Supported Domains page automatically collects domain aliases from Azure Active Directory or Google Workspace. The default setting is to enable all domains.
Caution: If an admin disables a domain that is already selected, then the associated users and workspaces will also be disabled.
Admins can choose which domain aliases to enable or disable by checking and unchecking the boxes; these settings apply to the Synappx Go Windows application and Synappx Go. Primary domains cannot be unselected. Select the refresh icon to view new domain aliases added to Azure AD or Google Workspace.
The default company name at the top of the Synappx Portal page is the name entered by the reseller who processed your Synappx Go order. You can change the company name by typing a new name and selecting Save.